Works under the general direction of the President, responsible for providing design direction and contributing actively to the company's design objectives, including Product Design, Systems Design, Experience Design, and Graphic Design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Designers, the Engineering team, and the President in the conception, development, and presentation of new and existing products.
- Work with the Design and Sales teams to conceptualize and develop product sales tools, documentation, and user experience
- Assist with the company's marketing initiatives such as trade shows, showroom design, client (experience) events, web system design, branding, and product launches
- Prepare initial CAD drawings and work with vendors, production, and engineering in the proof of concept and model building stages
- Plan and produce product prototypes and perform sample quality inspection
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design
- At least three years immersion in the design and product development process, preferably with an established design/ manufacturing company
- Practical knowledge of the materials and manufacturing processes is a must
- Knowledge of lighting is a plus
- Some experience using machine tools (CNC, manual mills/ lathes, routers)
- Must have a design portfolio with hands-on experience prototyping
- 3D modeling and rendering experience, using Rhino, Keyshot, 3ds Max, or Cinema 4D
- Strong graphic design skills are required
- Knowledge using Solidworks is required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly technical, organized and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated and passionate about design.