Works under the general direction of the Product Manager & Sr. Product Development Engineer, responsible for assisting in the development of new products, product testing, documentation, and assembly issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Product Manager and Sr. Product Development Engineer on new product development projects autonomously and reporting to the Sr. Product Development Engineer.
- Testing of new and existing products under the supervision of Sr. Product Development Engineer.
- Periodically checking up on various departments to recognize issues with parts or assemblies and implementing solutions to speed up the manufacturing, finishing or assembly processes.
- Work with UL to keep the UL factory inspection and product certification up to date.
- Work with the finishing, manufacturing, and assembly department to make sure all engineering documentation required is there and up to date.
- Recognize areas where documentation is lacking or required to streamline the flow of engineering information uniformly across all relevant departments.
- Use Solidworks PDM to understand the products and provide immediate assistance to the relevant department in case of lack of specific engineering information.
- Responsible for product prototyping and testing stage. Understanding which processes and manufacturing methods are available to efficiently achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Assist proper procurement of samples and oversee production of any components produced in-house.
- Use 3D printing tools available at Juniper to ensure efficient production of prototypes.
- Work with the Sr. Development Engineer to manage alpha and beta prototypes using results to modify engineering models.
- Keeping in view the goals and functionality of the product, perform thorough installation testing to mimic onsite conditions to understand the shortcomings of both new and existing products.
- Work with the production, assembly, finishing, and engineering department to improve parts/products such that it involves the least complications for any of the departments while achieving the end goals for the product both functionally and aesthetically.
- Come up with quick, efficient, and well-thought-out solutions to issues with existing products and devise methods to resolve them using jigs, design modifications, and process improvements.
- Work with a technical documentation person to improve documentation where necessary and make sure to keep all documentation up to date especially when ECOs are released.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least three years of experience in project, design, or related engineering experience.
- Proven experience in mechanical design and manufacturing in the product industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing parts for plastic injection molding, aluminum extrusions, investment castings, and aluminum die casting (including thermal properties thereof).
- Knowledge in machining, spinning, metal stamping, and laser cutting.
- Experience working with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept, usability testing, and with electromechanical design.
- Experience with 3D printing.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction with various levels of management and customers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Annual bonus plan.
- Matching 401k.
- Generous PTO
- Flex Time Arrangements
- Career Pathing